Coolest Poster?? What's the deal?
A few months ago we asked if you thought it was a good idea to add an award to the fest, one that would honour the great tradition of horror art that we all know and love.
Turns out you thought it was an awesome idea!
You wanted it, and you've got it! Meet the judges for the 2018 "Coolest Poster" award!!!
And for all the details and rules surrounding this award, see below!
Our Amazing Judges...
Daniella Batsheva is a Los Angeles based Illustrator and designer. Her style is heavily influenced by Art Nouveau and golden age illustrations with a healthy dash of horror. Daniella's clients range from companies such as ABC-CLIO to the Soska sisters, Dread Central, and D'Amore's Famous Pizza. If you find yourself wandering around LA, you might happen upon her lurking and drawing in the shady corner of a coffee shop.
Rob Sacchetto is Sudbury's own Zombie King! Since 2006, he's been creating amazing zombie portraits for thousands of horror fans. He founded the Zombie Daily blog where he posts a new original zombie portrait or drawing every day.
Ulysses Press noticed his work, and offered him two book deals, which lead to the publication of The Zombie Handbook: How to Identify the Living Dead and Survive the Coming Zombie Apocalypse, and Zombiewood : The Celebrity Dead Exposed.
In 2013 he published his first graphic novel, Rob Sacchetto’s Cape Fear, a one-hundred-and-fifty-page fantasy/adventure/horror genre book and have since been working on its sequels.
Rob's artwork has been licensed for use on everything from skateboards to puzzles, and has been covered in many horror magazines, including Rue Morgue and Decay.
More Judges to be announced!
About the "Coolest Poster" Award
The coolest poster award is meant to celebrate the tradition of amazing art we all love from our favourite horror movies. It is also meant to encourage the continuation of this art. In many cases the poster is the first impression one gets of your film, so remember to make it count!
How it works (a.k.a. the rules):
1) Every film that is chosen as an Official Selection for the 2018 Northern Frights Festival will automatically have the poster for said film entered into the contest.
2) If your film is an Official Selection, but you are unhappy with your poster, you are allowed to re-submit another poster to serve as your official poster. You may re-submit only one, and this one will over-ride the other, and be the official entry for the "coolest poster" award. So we're giving you a second chance on this one, just reach out via email, or catch us on Instagram or Facebook. We're around!
3) The posters will then be sent via email to our FIVE amazing judges, and from there, we start narrowing down the choices until we have our winner!
4) The winner will be announced in October.
4) And for the coolest part about the coolest poster event...the TOP 3 posters of this year's fest will be featured in a full page ad in Gore Noir Magazine to appear in late 2018 or early 2019! That's right, we'll buy an add to show the world your art! The three posters will appear on the same page, but the Winner will have a larger image within the ad. We'll also name the production company and artist name (if you want!).
5) How do you like them apples??? Any thoughts, let us know!